Wednesday, July 28

Hey, Let's Start A Comic Strip

I just fully retired, and decided after 35 years to get back to cartooning. When I was a kid, I drew cartoons, and doodled all over my school notes. My mom loved the cartoons I drew, but she loved most of what I did anyway, except for the things I never understood that made her really mad.

After graduating from San Francisco State University in 1975, I called the Walt Disney Studios to find out about a job, and the man on the other end of the line told me they wanted younger artists. I was 30. I looked around for local animation studios, but they didn't need anybody, so I got a temporary job working for the 'bus company'. That's the company I just fully retired from, and now that that's over, I'm ready to try cartooning again. I hope I haven't waited too long.

No comments: